Monday 20th and Wednesday 22nd December Only
8.30-9.30pm View Point Lake Wendouree
- C/2021 A1 (Leonard) – A Christmas Comet!
- Come along and join in with one of nature’s spectacular events, as Comet Leonard approaches close to Earth over the lead up to Christmas. Hopefully it will be naked eye object but as the tail is dimming, we will bring along a telescope as well.
- Viewing of other objects as well.
- All ticket holders can take advantage of our Christmas shopping in our Science Shop open until late Christmas Eve, 20% discount 17th – 24th December.
- Gift vouchers are available as well.
- QR Code, Double Vaccination, Masks mandatory.
- The lights at View Point will be turned off so bring a torch, your own chair , thermos(if required), umbrella etc the evening will go ahead RAIN, HAIL OR BEAUTIFUL CLEAR SKY with a talk about the night sky and why we need the dark, Q&A most welcome.
- Judith Bailey is Manager of the Ballarat Observatory, and Advocate with the International Dark Sky Association, Secretary of International Dark Sky Association Victoria, a Chapter of IDA, Ballarat Dark Sky community Co-ordinator, FoLWNE Admin and a strong supporter of the Environment.
- Barry Gilson, a Wadawurrung man, Storyteller, Narrator, Poet & Singer will share his knowledge and heritage of the Night Sky Storylines.